Crosstown, makers of London’s award-winning sourdough doughnuts, is launching a range of ice creams, crafted in small batches using the finest seasonal ingredients.
The new range of ice creams are available in-store and for on-demand delivery across London from 16th July, with dairy and vegan options. Flavours which include Peanut Butter & Blackcurrant (ve), Salted Treacle and Mint Stracciatella, are crafted using traditional methods to create real flavour and a smooth, silky finish.
From Thursday 16th July, three of Crosstown’s stores will feature new scoop bars, serving up the freshly made ice cream alongside doughnuts and specialty coffee. Scoops can be purchased in cones and cups. There will also be the option to add homemade toppings inspired by Crosstown’s award-winning doughnut flavours. These include their signature vanilla bean crumble, chocolate soil and sprinkles. Customers will also have the option to take home 500ml tubs from the store or order them online ondemand.
Scoop bars will also be serving up affogato (espresso with ice cream and cinnamon sugar doughnut biscotti) and shakes - ice cream blended with milk from The Estate Dairy or oat milk.
A number of other Crosstown locations will stock 120ml & 500ml tubs of select ice cream flavours, available for takeaway or on-demand delivery, with orders placed directly on the Crosstown website.
“Working with really high-quality ingredients is what we do best. We’re using handpicked elderflower from the English countryside, 70% Jamaican Pump Street Chocolate and crafting our own oat milk to satisfy the taste buds of London in true Crosstown style. We’ve always believed that ice cream would be the perfect addition to the Crosstown line-up. Now we can offer up a delicious summer option that perfectly complements our offer of handmade doughnuts and specialty coffee.” says JP Then, Crosstown Co- Founder.
Ice cream flavours:
- Salted Treacle – The rich, slightly smoky flavour of treacle is captured and blended with thick cream to give this gelato a deep sweetness and smooth, silky finish. Load on a second fruity scoop to go to ice cream heaven.
- Madagascan Vanilla – A classic Madagascan bourbon vanilla ice cream, slowly worked and aged for 36 hours to extract the delicate vanilla flavour. The essential silky base scoop on which on to build any great combination.
- Strawberries & Cream – British summer in an ice cream! Bursting with strawberries and fresh British cream, pairs perfectly our signature vanilla bean crumble.
- Mint Stracciatella – Our version of a classic! House made, fresh mint gelato, churned with pieces of 70% Jamaican Pump Street Chocolate.
- Peanut Butter & Blackcurrant (vegan) – Roasted peanut butter ice cream, rippled with homemade blackcurrant jam. Will blow any peanut butter nutter's mind.
- Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt (vegan) – Rich, dark, decadent chocolate ice cream with sea salt. Pairs perfectly with our signature vanilla bean crumble.
- Elderflower Sorbet (vegan) – Summer in a cone, this refreshing sorbet is made with handpicked elderflower from the English countryside. One of our small batch seasonal flavours.
- Chocolate soil (vegan) (+£1) - Vanilla bean crumble (vegan) (+£1) - Sprinkles (vegan/GF) (+50p)
- Ice Cream o Tiny, single or double scoops: £2 - £4.50 o 120ml single serve tubs: £3.50 o 500ml Tubs: £9.95 - Cone Options o Plain Waffle Cone o Chocolate Dipped Waffle Cone (+£1) o Gluten Free Waffle Cone (+50p) - Drinks o Shakes: £5.50 reg + 50p for oat milk o Affogatos (comes with cinnamon sugar doughnut biscotti): £4.50
- Shoreditch - 157 Brick Lane, E1 6SB
- Canary Wharf - 64 Jubilee Place, E14 5NY - Greenwich - 5 Greenwich Market, SE10 9HZ
- Soho - 4 Broadwick St, W1F 0DA - Hammersmith - Unit 1A, The Broadway Shopping Centre, W6 9YD - Piccadilly - 35 Piccadilly, Mayfair, W1J 0DW - Cannon Street – 115 Cannon Street, EC4N 5AW - Reuters Plaza (pop-up) - Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AJ - Marylebone (opening 27/07) - 5-6 Picton Pl, W1U 1BL - Victoria (opening 24/07) - 14 Sir Simon Milton Square, SW1E 5DJ - London Bridge (opening 17/07)
From Thursday 16th July, online orders can be placed for on-demand delivery across London at: www.crosstowndoughnuts.com/ice-cream