No Assistant considers taking minutes to be pleasurable, but it has to be done – and done well. Not everyone working at PA level has come via the traditional route, which means that if you don’t take shorthand, it can be difficult to keep up with what’s being said.
If it’s also a less-than-interesting meeting, it can be hard to maintain your attention so you don’t miss anything. And then when the meeting is over, it’s all got to be typed up and circulated – about as much fun as watching paint dry.
You might find it hard to believe we can make the job enjoyable, but after our Webinar, you will know how to write minutes that are beyond reproach – and even enjoy doing so!
We will show you how to:
- Enhance your listening skills to ensure you hear all key points
- Develop an effective partnership with the meeting’s chairman
- Improve the layout and grammar of your minutes for greater clarity
- Condense your minutes down to the essentials, without losing the flow of the meeting
- Maintain your concentration during the meeting, regardless of subject
- Improve your note taking, with a variety of methods to suit your style
- Deal with technical subjects and jargon so that your notes are meaningful