The PA Show 2020 and Confex 2020 were the last major exhibitions to take place at ExCeL, London. We are optimistic that the timing of The PA Show (a full year on) will be fortuitous and Covid-19 will no longer be a threat as an approved vaccination will have been implemented.
We are likely to have much more clarity as to ‘new normal’ parameters with time to implement but are increasingly hopeful that we will be back to the old normal, having implemented some exciting developments which will be beneficial for the show outside of the pandemic.
The health and safety of our visitors is of paramount importance and we will be introducing a rigorous programme of measures through the event to sure ensure our attendees feel safe and comfortable. We are implementing new and existing partnerships and collaborations to implement maximum safety. Ultimately, exhibitions have the benefit of being strategically organised with data insight from previous iterations, meaning we are best placed to bring together our industry safely.
We are already progressing the following considerations and adaptations for 2021, although as mentioned we hope that much of this will be plan B:
• Exhibitor Manual – Covid-19 Safety manual
• Visitor Manual – Covid-19 Safety manual
• Advanced Entrance Feature for sanitation and temperature check
• Facial recognition entrance tech limiting interaction and need to touch screen
• Scheduled attendance timings (AM-PM Day 1 and Day 2) – controlling maximum numbers
• The PA Show App – with the ability to pre schedule appointments
• Increased aisle sizing where required
• Separate entrance and exit
• Floor activated touch screens
• Hand sanitiser units throughout the show (on stand and key locations)
• Social distanced one-on-one booths with perspex separation
• Pre and post show virtual networking opportunities to extend connection opportunities
• Signage throughout exhibition
• Additional streamed content
• Wearable tech for 2 metre distance warning
If you have questions or suggestions, we're happy to hear from you.